Paleo-ish Vegan Fudge
- 1.25 cups of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (raw or regular, both are fine)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or other sweetener
- tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- About a cup of 'other stuff' - the fruity and nutty bits! Options include:
- * Dried fruit - apricots, dates, raisins, prunes, cranberries etc.
- * Nuts - brasil, walnuts, almonds
- * Cacao nibs
- * Coconut flakes
It's also perfectly acceptable to stick to, say, just apricots. Whatever you want. It's your treat.
For the fudge above, I used this (below) 'primal cereal' from Pure Delish. The nuts are whole, so I chopped them up a bit before adding
Melt the coconut oil on a low heat
Whisk in the cacao powder, then add the vanilla and salt (you can also do this step in a food processor and the result is a bit smoother)
Add the mix-ins and.. mix them in
Pour the mix into a lined or silicone pan and chill in the fridge or freezer until solid.
Not that there's anything wrong with indulging your inner 3 year old by getting all sticky fingered.. ;)