Do you know that it's honey week? The Airborne Honey people have a few prizes up for grabs and I had serious plans to make something awesome and award winning. Buuuut, in spite of the overly complicated recipe and almost unbelievable kitchen mess, the pumpkin muffins were a big, fat, dry, chewy fail.
Therefore I'm consoling myself with an old favourite. Honey Fried Bananas: Comfort food for grown ups.
Here's today's version. I was too depressed about my muffin fail to do any dishes, so I present... the 'in-a-cup' edition. Cute, yes?
Honey Fried Bananas
The process is very simple.
- Melt some coconut oil in a non-stick pan;
- Add banana slices (I used one medium sized banana);
- Drizzle honey over the bananas, or just add it to the oil if it's hard;
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the bananas;
- Wait until the bananas are browned, then flip them. This is a bit tricky, I found using a spoon or fork was better than the usual implement;
Serve with coconut yogurt or cream.
As they cool, the bananas become chewy and a little bit crunchy - a combination that causes the brain to float in a sea of happy juice for hours and hours.